Yesterday I finished Legend by Marie Lu and I just finished Prodigy (the sequel) AND NOW I AM SO ANGRY THAT I HAVE TO GO TO WORK. I just want to read the 3rd book!!! Gah! At least I’m right on track with my 7 books in 7 days…for now.
Day 1 is officially over and I finished Maus 1 & 2 and have only about 50 pages left in Legend. I call that a good day!
Finished Maus 1&2 so far today! Now on to Legend
I am doing this for the first time (because I just heard of it). Let’s see if I can meet all of the reading challenges!!
#1: Read a book with pictures: Maus
#2: Start and finish a series: I’ll be reading Legend, Prodigy and Champion by Marie Lu for this one!
#3: Read a book with Red on the cover: The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
#4: Read a book that someone picks out for you: For this one I asked Mike to find a book on our bookshelves that I hadn’t read yet. He chose The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith for me.
#5: Read a book from the genre you’ve read the least of this year: I’m doubling up on this one and it will be Maus!
#6: Read a book to movie adaptation and watch the movie: The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp
#7: Read 7 books in 7 days. If I read all of the ones I have planned to read I will accomplish this!
It’s definitely going to be challenging to do this while working 5 out of 7 days and other responsibilities… but I THRIVE OFF OF PRESSURE AND DEADLINES! So, let’s make this happen!
- You are stronger than you realize.
- You are more cruel than you realize.
- The smallest words will break your heart.
- You will change. You’re not the same person you were three years ago. You’re not even the same person you were three minutes ago and that’s okay. Especially if you don’t like the person you were three minutes ago.
- People come and go. Some are cigarette breaks, others are forest fires.
- You won’t like your name until you hear someone say it in their sleep.
- You’ll forget your email password but ten years from now you’ll still remember the number of steps up to his flat.
- You don’t have to open the curtains if you don’t want to.
- Never stop yourself from texting someone. If you love them at 4 a.m., tell them. If you still love them at 9:30 a.m., tell them again.
- Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it’s the kitchen floor or the travel section of a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place.
- You will be scared of all kinds of things— of spiders and clowns and eating alone— but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way you see yourself.
- Sometimes, looking at someone will be like looking into the sun. Sometimes, someone will look at you like you are the sun. Wait for it.
- You will learn how to sleep alone, how to avoid the cold corners, but still fill a bed.
- Always be friends with broken people. They know how to survive.
- You can love someone and hate them, all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call.
- You are good at something, whether it’s making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that these things don’t matter.
- You will always be hungry for love. Always. Even when someone is asleep next to you you’ll envy the pillow touching their cheek and the sheet hiding their skin.
- Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
- People say I love you all the time. Even when they say, ‘Why didn’t you call me back?’ or ‘He’s an asshole.’ Make sure you’re listening.
- You will be okay.
- You will be okay.
do you ever have second-hand obsessions
like one of your friends is super obsessed with a thing so whenever you see something about it you’re like “YES THIS THING” but you’re not the one obsessed with it. they are. you know very little about this thing and yet it still excites you because it excites your friend
This is half of my tumblr experience